Is she pregnant?
You are not alone in this situation. The two of you can get through this. We can help. She needs you now more than ever. It’s important to provide her with the emotional and practical support she needs. Here are some ways to do this:
What to do:
- Offer to go with her to get a pregnancy test, an ultrasound, and option counseling, etc.
- Talk with her and listen to her. Keep the lines of communication open at all times.
- DO NOT close yourself off emotionally - this situation involves more than just you.
- Be present. She needs you now more than ever before.
- Find and talk with the people who really care about you.
- Discuss the situation with parents and others who will be directly affected.
- Don’t keep this a secret. This will only add to the stress – yours and hers.
- Get accurate information and seek advice from people you trust on all your options.
- Be honest with her and yourself. Let her know how you feel.
- Take your time to think through both short term and long term effects.
- Don’t give up! You can get through this. Though it is not what you planned, this time can help you and your relationship grow so that in the future you are stronger.
What not to do:
- Don’t run from your responsibilities. It only makes things harder, now and in the future.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want. You need to work together at all times--you are a team!
- Don’t stop talking with her. Express how you feel and what you think. Add your input whenever it’s needed in a supportive way.
"Staff is knowledgeable and they are nice, not fake."
- Amnion Client